Ecological Services Offered by Wildtype
Wildtype offers a wide range of ecological services, including:
- Species inventory, site assessment and planning, wetland monitoring
- We offer ecological design and consulting, floristic inventory, site quality assessment, invasive species mapping, site planning for public, commercial and residential projects and monitoring of wetland mitigations.
Invasive species management
- We have extensive experience in managing a wide variety of invasive plant species. We are able to quickly and accurately identify invasive species in any season and determine the most effective method of control. Michigan Department of Agriculture certified herbicide applicators on staff.
- Native plant installation
- From large wetland mitigation projects to small rain gardens, our crew is ready to install any quantity of plants for your project.
- Native landscape maintenance
- Our crew is experienced at maintaining the full spectrum of native landscape projects
including prairie plantings, woodland restorations, rain gardens, stormwater basins and
- Custom seed collecting
- If your project requires site-sourced seed, we can collect and process this seed for you. It is important to note that the window of opportunity to collect any given species is usually only a couple of weeks so please plan ahead.
- Custom growing
- We frequently grow orders to meet specific project requirements. We can utilize seed provided to us or seed we collected. Timing is the most important factor. Although it may only take 6-8 weeks to produce some of the faster growing species from seed, there is only one opportunity a year to collect seed — therefore it is critical that you plan ahead.